Janet is an outcome-oriented consultant with more than thirty years of experience across multiple sectors, including education, economics and health. Originally from Cape Breton, her roots in community development and social justice continue to ground her life and work.
Janet is a skilled strategist, trainer and facilitator with extensive experience designing and implementing collaborative opportunities for learning, dialogue and individual and organizational change. She starts from a place of deep respect for those with whom she works, valuing and validating voice, building engagement, and using participatory, inclusive and appreciative approaches.
Janet holds degrees in science and education and a Masters in Economics with a focus on community and regional development. She has certificates in Adult Education, Facilitation, Appreciative Inquiry, Evaluation, Graphic Facilitation, an Advanced Diploma in French, and is a certified facilitator of LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method and materials.
- Tui’kn Partnership
- Union of Nova Scotia Mi’kmaq (UNSM)
- Union of New Brunswick Indians (UNBI)
- Mi’kmaq Confederacy of PEI (MCPEI)
- The Confederacy of Mainland Mi’kmaq (CMM)
- Atlantic Policy Congress (APC) of First Nations Chiefs Secretariat
- Second Story Women’s Centre
- Ann Terry Society
- Canadian Women’s Foundation
- Adsum for Women and Children
- Women Unlimited
- Oxfam Canada
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
- Government of Canada (various departments)
- Province of Nova Scotia (various departments)
- IWK Health Centre and Nova Scotia Health Authority
- Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency
- Dalhousie University
- Saint Mary’s University
- Cape Breton University